Hyundai forum

Hyundai forum car image

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BessLineberger  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 31, 2020 12:14:13 AM(UTC)
BessLineberger

Groups: Registered
Australia

Schoenfield: Let's look at what Whitey Herzog did for the St. Louis Cardinals at the 1980 winter meetings. The Cardinals had been stuck in neutral for more than a decade and finished 74-88 in 1980. Hired as the club's GM in August, Herzog made himself the manager as well, then set out to remake the club. He signed Darrell Porter as a free agent, then made three big trades involving 23 players, trading away 12. He acquired two future Hall of Fame relievers (Bruce Sutter, Rollie Fingers) and then traded away Fingers and another Hall of Famer, Ted Simmons. The deals involved four All-Star catchers (Porter, Simmons, Gene Tenace, Terry Kennedy). He traded away a future Cy Young winner (Pete Vuckovich). In all, 11 of the 23 players accumulated at least 10 career WAR and most were still in their primes or early in their careers at the time. And that wasn't all. The following offseason, Herzog used two of the players acquired in 1980 (Sixto Lezcano and Lary Sorensen) to help acquire Ozzie Smith and Lonnie Smith. The Cardinals had the best record in the NL East in 1981 and won the World Series in 1982 -- and basically have been good ever since.New York Mets Face Coverings

Among other changes: teams must limit the size of traveling parties to essential personnel, maintain unoccupied rows between passengers on team buses, and distance seating on airplanes while ensuring players do not change locations.Colorado Rockies Face Coverings

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- It’s one thing to say Major League Baseball has welcomed seven Negro Leagues and an estimated 3,400 players into its embrace. It’s another to assimilate those players’ statistics into MLB’s bottomless sea of numbers.

"It's really hard to kind of put a finger on what the protocol looks like at this point just because of how the timing is," Silas said. "It's not the same timing that everybody else had, right? As far as when he can start doing individual workouts, when he can join the team, when he can practice, we're working with the NBA, trying to figure out exactly when that is.

"He wasn't surprised," Barta said of Warren. "I alerted him to the fact I absolutely was going to be on the call, but I wasn't going to contribute to the discussion and I was going to recuse myself and the University of Iowa was going to recuse itself from the vote. I did want to listen, because as athletic director I did want to hear how the conversation went."

Allen would be a top player for several seasons — including winning American League MVP with the Chicago White Sox in 1972 — but controversy followed him throughout his career. He didn’t go out of his way to ingratiate himself with his critics. He later said that he would sometimes drink before games and would skip batting practice or even games to go to the horse track. He often refused to speak with the media, which in turn painted him as selfish and entitled. After demanding a trade from the Phillies after the 1969 season, he was dealt to the St. Louis Cardinals, and played for five different teams over the final eight years of his career (including a second stint in Philadelphia) before retiring in 1977.MLB Face Coverings Online Sale

mlbfacecoverings.com
Team Logo Face Masks

Umpires are also being instructed to wear face masks at all times, except when it would make it unfeasible for them to do their jobs.Seattle Mariners Face Coverings